Birthday is a significant annual occasion in a person’s life and his near and dear ones as well who render their wishes to him / her on that day. Hindi movies have come up with many quality birthday songs. I have not covered some good birthday songs here viz. Aai Hain Bahaaren Mite Zulm-o-Sitam (Ram Aur Shyam – 1967), Khushiyaan Hi Khushiyaan Hon Daaman Mein Jiske (Dulhan Wahi Jo Piya Mann Bhaaye – 1977), Hum Bhi Agar Bachche Hote (Door Ki Aawaaz – 1964), O Nanhe Se Farishtay (Ek Phool Do Maali – 1969) etc. because either I have covered them in my review of Children’s songs or I will cover them in some other song-based review to be presented by me in the near future.
Following are my top ten birthday songs from Hindi movies :
- Baar Baar Din Ye Aaye, Baar Baar Dil Ye Gaaye, Tu Jiye Hazaaron Saal (Farz – 1967): This lovely song is the numero uno birthday song for me which has been sung by Mohammad Rafi giving playback for Jeetendra who sings it for Babita in the movie. Anand Bakshi’s lyric has been composed by Laxmikant Pyarelaal.
- Tum Jiyo Hazaaron Saal, Saal Ke Din Hon Pachaas Hazaar (Sujata – 1959): Asha Bhosle has sung it for Sabitri who sings it for Shashikala in the movie (while the heroine of the movie – Nutan is also there in the scene). S.D. Burman has composed the lyric of Majrooh Sultanpuri.
- Taare Kitne Neel Gagan Pe Taare, Teri Umar Ho Itne Saal (Aap Aaye Bahaar Aayee – 1971): Hemlata and Rafi have given their voices for Saadhana and Rajendra Kumar who sing it for their kid Master Bobby. Lyricist is Anand Bakshi. Composers are Laxmikant Pyarelaal.
- Tumhen Aur Kya Doon Main Dil Ke Sivaaym Tumko Hamaari Umar Lag Jaaye (Aai Milan Ki Bela – 1964): This heart-conquering birthday song has been penned by Hasrat Jaipuri and composed by Shankar Jaikishan. Lata Mangeshkar has given her voice to Saira Baanu who sings it for Rajendra Kumar in the movie.
- Koi Nazrana Lekar Aaya Hoon Main Deewana Tere Liye (Aan Milo Sajna – 1971): A birthday song which is very close to my heart. Rajesh Khanna sings it for Asha Parekh in the film in the enchanting voice of Rafi. Credit for the lyric goes to Anand Bakshi and for the composition to Laxmikant Pyarelaal.
- Ram Kare Babua, Hamaar Phulwa Ko Hamri Umar Lag Jaaye (Anuraag – 1973): Guest artiste Rajesh Khanna sings it song containing Bhojpuri words for Master Satyajeet in the movie. Voice is of Kishore Kumar, words are of Anand Bakshi and composition is of S.D. Burman.
- Janmdin Aaya, Mamta Ki Jyot Jagi (Baharon Ki Manzil – 1968): Lata Mangeshkar has lent her voice to Meena Kumari who sings this song for her daughter Farida Jalaal in the movie. Laxmikant Pyarelaal have composed the tune for Majrooh’s lyric.
- Badhaai Ho Badhaai Janmdin Ki Tumko (Mera Munna – 1967) : Nutan sings this song in Lata’s voice for her kid Master Babloo in the movie. The words have been penned by Qamar Jalaalabaadi and the tune has been prepared by Kalyanji Anandji.
- Kaun Hoon Main, Kya Naam Hai Mera, Main Kahaan Se Aaee Hoon (Dard Ka Rishta – 1983): A lovely birthday song pictured on Baby Khushboo. Lata has sung the song penned by Anand Bakshi and composed by R.D. Burman.
- Happy Birthday To Pinky (Aaj Ki Taaza Khabar – 1974): Shankar Jaikishan have composed Hasrat’s lyric which happens to be the title song of this movie. Asha Bhosle has given her voice for Raadha Saluja who sings it for Arpana Chaudhary.
In addition to the above, some other birthday songs from Bollywood movies are as follows:
- Aaya Aaya Janmdin Aaya (Pyar Ki Pyas – 1961): This birthday song has been sung in chorus (main female voice could not be identified by me) which is meant for Baby Honey Irani in this movie. Penned by Bharat Vyas, this song has been composed by Vasant Desai.
- Aaj Apni Darling Ka Aaya Janmdin (Duty – 1986): Kanchan and Shabbir Kumar have lent their voices to Anuraadha Patel and Govinda for this song who sing it for their daughter Baby Prasanna. Babla has composed the lyric of Ramesh Pant.
- Happy Happy Birthday To You, Tujhe Dekhkar Jeeta Hoon Main (Kya Yahi Pyar Hai – 2002): Penned by Jalis Rashid and composed by Saajid Waajid, this birthday song has been sung by Kumar Sanu, Sonu Nigam, Alka Yagnik and chorus and filmed on Jackie Shroff, Aaftaab Shivdaasaani, Amisha Patel, Anupama Varma and others.
- Chhote, Tera Birthday Aaya (Krantiveer – 2010): Penned by Sameer and composed by Sachin Jigar, this birthday song has been sung by Anushka Manchanda, Mika Singh, Hard Kaur, Neuman Pinto, Ishq Bector, Hrishikesh Kamerkar etc. and filmed on Jahaan Bloch, Sameer Aaftaab and others.
I like a song – Pyar Deewana Hota Hai, Mastaana Hota Hai (Kati Patang – 1970) very much which is a very popular song of Kishore Kumar, the singer and Rajesh Khanna, the actor. It is also a song sung by the hero on the occasion of his birthday only in the movie. However its lyrics do not reflect this fact.
© Copyrights reserved